Don't Stay The Same
Sunday, April 3rd, 2016 - 12:00 pm
We all know deep inside that we?re not yet all of who we were intended to be.
We all know, if we?re honest;
- that we?re not as selflessly loving as we could be
- we don?t have peace or patience or compassion like we long for
- our self-control is often out of our control
- we worry and stress and feel discontent more than we?d like
- we often feel controlled by runaway lusts, fears, or jealousies
- we?d like to feel closer to God than we do
- we?re not able to consistently enjoy life, or give life to our families and friends
Truth is, we all have room for improvement. This is why we say, ?Come as you are - but don?t stay that way.? God loves us ?as is,? he accepts us ?as is? by his grace - but he loves us too much to leave us floundering, chasing down dead-end streets. He gives us grace so we can grow. Sometimes people misunderstand this. They like ?Come as You Are? acceptance and ?No Perfect People Allowed? authenticity but they don?t hear the rest: grow and change.
- Hebrews 10:22?25
- Galatians 3:2-3
- Psalm 139:23?24
- Galatians 5:16, 19?23